[photogallerylink id=41074 align=left]It appears that [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Snoop Dogg[/lastfm] plans to break the record for most re-tweets today on Twitter.
He is asking that his over 4 million followers to re-tweet him between 12 AM today until 12 AM Wednesday. He is attempting to break the unofficial record set by [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Run DMC[/lastfm]‘s Reverend Run in 2010. Snoop wants to show how influential social media sites are becoming.
[photogallerylink id=39299 align=left]“In March of 2011, the New York Times labeled him one of the Top 10 influencers on Twitter.” He often promotes brands through his social media channels.
Snoop prepped his followers (“Twizzles”) with the following Tweet:
2 celebrate hittn 4 mil twizzles, im tryn 2 break tha record 4 most RTs in 24 hrs, make sure u RT the msg @ midnite 2 help beat the record—
Snoop Dogg (@SnoopDogg) August 23, 2011
Then at midnight, he issued the Tweet that he hopes gets RT’d more than any other:
What a shame, we were hoping for something prolific. You can visit Snoop’s Twitter page HERE.
Post by: Rebekah Nickolaus, CBS Radio
- Music News: Snoop Dogg To Recieve BMI Icon Award, Sips Gin ‘N Juice In Celebration
- Lupe Fiasco, Pitbull, And Snoop Dogg Perform In Switzerland
- The Double G News With Snoop Dogg AKA Nemo Hoes
- Snoop Dogg Wants To Team Up With Soccer Star David Beckham On A Children’s Fashion Line
- Prince William Lines Up Hip-Hop Acts For Bachelor Party?