OK so she wasn’t #1 but [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Nicki Minaj[/lastfm] has reason to celebrate upon learning MTV has named her their #2 Artist Of The Year behind [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Katy Perry[/lastfm]. Did they get it wrong?
The public’s love affair with [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Minaj[/lastfm] this year was easy enough to sum up in words, but [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]D12′s[/lastfm] [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Bizarre[/lastfm] put a visual spin on it with the strange but entertaining “Hey Nicki” video. The clip catches the Detroit rapper vying for her attention, and although it reaches into creepy territory, you can’t help but feel that the masses perfectly understand Bizarre’s infatuation. If you still haven’t had enough [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Nicki Minaj[/lastfm] in 2011, catch her closing out the year on Dick Clark’s Rockin’ New Years Eve.
[lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Nicki Minaj[/lastfm]‘s sophomore album, Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded is due out on Valentines Day February 14, 2012
The Latest From 102 Jamz
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: Music Community Mourns
- Diplo’s Got New Holiday Compilation, ‘A Very Decent Christmas’
- New Music To Know: Sevyn Streeter Proves She’s More Than Just a Hit Songwriter on Debut EP
- Advertising Agency Trolls Internet with Video Featuring Kids Reciting Explicit Rap Lyrics
- Pharrell Says He’s Going ‘Rap-Free’ For New Solo Album
- Lana Del Rey Announces Title of ‘Born to Die’ Follow-Up
- It’s A JAMAZON VIP Weekend To Hook Up #5
- Lorde & More Added to GRAMMY Nominations Concert 2013
- Hot Right Now: Paul Walker’s Official Cause Of Death, Katy Perry UNICEF Ambassador, And Taylor Swift Is The UK’s Sweetheart
- DJ Earworm Releases “United State of Pop 2013″