There’s no doubt that Beyonce looks great in gold and has an amazing booty, but naming a golden bootied bug after her? That’s what’s happened with a scientist in Australia who has named a rare species of horse fly the Scaptia (Plinthina) beyonceae.
According to The Huffington Post, the insect was named by 24-year-old Australian researcher Bryan Lessard based on a species that was captured and put into a fly collection in 1981. Ironically, that is the same year in which Beyonce was born.
No word as to whether Beyonce is aware of the “bootylicious” bug yet, but Lessard, who is a big fan, hopes she will take it all as a huge compliment.
What’s New On 102 JAMZ?
- DJ Earworm Releases “United State of Pop 2013″
- One Direction Exclusive Presale
- One Direction Makes Chart History with ‘Midnight Memories’
- Style Files: Drake Partnering With Nike and Air Jordan
- Jay Z Goes Vegan for Health, Supporting His Friend’s Business
[photogallerylink id=64763 align=left]
[photogallerylink id=60056 align=left]