X-Factor judge L.A. Reid took advantage of the new found celebrity his boy group gained as finalists toward the end of the contest. And he signed 3 of them to his label Epic Records!
According to LATimes.com:
“The X Factor” semi-finalists Chris Rene, Brian “Astro” Bradley and Marcus Canty have all inked deals with Epic Records, the label announced Wednesday.
Their signings shouldn’t come as a surprise, considering they were handpicked and mentored on the reality competition by label head Antonio “L.A.” Reid.
Reid will oversee the debuts of Rene, who became a fan favorite thanks to his endearing audition track “Young Homie” and his dedication to remaining sober; R&B heartthrob Canty, whom Reid pegged as “the next [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Bobby Brown[/lastfm],” without the sex; and Bradley, the teen rapper with a spitfire flow and [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Jay-Z [/lastfm]aspirations. Rene, Canty and Bradley were three of Reid’s four semi-finalists.
Melanie Amaro, the show’s inaugural winner, snagged the largest guaranteed prize in television history with a $5-million recording contract with Sony Music through Syco, a joint venture between Sony and show creator Simon Cowell.
Reid was appointed chairman and chief executive of the label in July after previously serving as chairman of Island Def Jam — from which he departed to become a judge on “The X Factor” alongside Cowell, [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Paula Abdul[/lastfm] and [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Nicole Scherzinger[/lastfm].
Who didn’t see this coming? This was in the works when the 3 became finalists in the competition. The national exposure was the perfect launch needed for all 3 of them to have a ready made fan base, which will equal album sales.
More stories on JAMZ:
- DJ Earworm Releases “United State of Pop 2013″
- One Direction Exclusive Presale
- One Direction Makes Chart History with ‘Midnight Memories’
- Style Files: Drake Partnering With Nike and Air Jordan
- Jay Z Goes Vegan for Health, Supporting His Friend’s Business
- Hot Right Now – Orlando Bloom Now Dating Liv Tyler?
- [PHOTOS] Katy Perry Becomes A UNICEF Ambassador
- Kanye West’s Next Album To Be Produced by Q-Tip and Rick Rubin
- Lorde Crashes VEVO with ‘Team’ Video Premiere
- John Mayer, Katy Perry Release ‘Who You Love’ Artwork, the Internet Complains