Rumors had been buzzing for the past several weeks that [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Adele[/lastfm] had been invited to perform on the GRAMMYs, but there had been no official announcement…until today! It is now confirmed that Adele will make her first live performance since her setback with vocal cord issues as a featured performer on the GRAMMY Awards, Sunday, February 12th. The show will be broadcast on CBS.
In a press release, Adele said:
I’m immensely proud to have been asked to perform at this year’s GRAMMY Awards. It’s an absolute honor to be included in such a night and for it to be my first performance in months is very exciting and of course nerve-racking, but what a way to get back into it all.
The GRAMMYs Twitter account broke the news of her performance.
Adele also broke the news to her own legion of Twitter followers.
Ima be, Ima be singing at the Grammys. It's been so long I started to forget I was a singer! I can't wait, speak soon xx—
Adele (@OfficialAdele) January 31, 2012
So what do you think she will perform? Rolling In The Deep or Someone Like You? Would be great to get a taste of both on the GRAMMYs!
What’s new on JAMZ:
- Meet The Artists Of Hook Up #5
- Hot Right Now: Kanye West Has ‘Times’ Album Of The Year, Amanda Bynes Is Headed To Fashion School, & Drake Is Skipping Out On The Grammy Nomination Concert
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: Music Community Mourns
- Diplo’s Got New Holiday Compilation, ‘A Very Decent Christmas’
- New Music To Know: Sevyn Streeter Proves She’s More Than Just a Hit Songwriter on Debut EP
- Advertising Agency Trolls Internet with Video Featuring Kids Reciting Explicit Rap Lyrics
- Pharrell Says He’s Going ‘Rap-Free’ For New Solo Album
- Lana Del Rey Announces Title of ‘Born to Die’ Follow-Up
- It’s A JAMAZON VIP Weekend To Hook Up #5
- Lorde & More Added to GRAMMY Nominations Concert 2013