There was a massive house cleaning at the X Factor last night, with announcements that host Steve Jones, and judges [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Paula Abdul[/lastfm] and [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Nicole Scherzinger[/lastfm] were all ousted. The announcements all came within hours of each other.
Billboard is reporting that the decisions were made during meetings in the UK by show creator Simon Cowell and his creative team who have assembled to determine what went right, and more importantly what went wrong, with the first season of the American edition of the singing competition on FOX.
It appears that LA Reid, the fourth judge on the panel, has not received any notice as to his position, so for the time being, his role on the show is apparently safe.
Are you an X Factor fan, and if so, do you think that these are needed changes for the show? Let us know in the comments below!
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: Music Community Mourns
- Diplo’s Got New Holiday Compilation, ‘A Very Decent Christmas’
- New Music To Know: Sevyn Streeter Proves She’s More Than Just a Hit Songwriter on Debut EP
- Advertising Agency Trolls Internet with Video Featuring Kids Reciting Explicit Rap Lyrics
- Pharrell Says He’s Going ‘Rap-Free’ For New Solo Album
- Lana Del Rey Announces Title of ‘Born to Die’ Follow-Up
- It’s A JAMAZON VIP Weekend To Hook Up #5
- Lorde & More Added to GRAMMY Nominations Concert 2013
- Hot Right Now: Paul Walker’s Official Cause Of Death, Katy Perry UNICEF Ambassador, And Taylor Swift Is The UK’s Sweetheart
- DJ Earworm Releases “United State of Pop 2013″