Shortly before Lil Wayne‘s GRAMMY appearance last night stories began to swirl around the internet that Weezy had been arrested backstage on gun charges and would be carted off to jail as soon as the awards show completed. But according to Bryan ‘Birdman’ Williams, Cash Money Records chief, it was NOT true.
Forbes received an electronic message from Birdman stating:
[It's] not true, he’s good. I never heard about that. He was good all day.
Supposedly, the rumor came from an alleged tweet by typically reliable TMZ, although no such tweet can currently be found and TMZ’s only response to the issue came from a retweet they posted:
Apparently, some people just can’t wait to see Wayne land himself in trouble again.
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Mel B, Snoop Dogg and Childish Gambino Join the Bitcoin Revolution
- Watch Avicii’s New All-American ‘Hey Brother’ Music Video
- Katy Perry Covers Marie Claire
- Rebecca Black Drops New Song ‘Saturday’
- Citing LGBT Discrimination, Lady Gaga Asks for Boycott of Sochi Olympics
- Justin Bieber Teams Up With Chance The Rapper For New Jam ‘Confident’
- Miley Cyrus Reveals New Look At KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas Show
- One Direction Perform ‘Afternoon Delight’ with ‘Anchorman’ Cast on ‘SNL’
- Are You The VIP JAMAZON Weekend Winner?
- Hot Right Now – Miley Gets A Bob, Harry Styles And Kendall Jenner Are Totally Hooking Up