When the special Valentine’s Day episode of Glee (which airs tonight on FOX) was put together, there was no way of predicting the tragic end to the life of Whitney Houston which occurred Saturday. So it’s only by chance that Whitney’s classic I Will Always Love You appears in the episode as sung by Amber “Mercedes” Riley.
FOX released the following statement yesterday:
Purely coincidentally, the episode contains Mercedes (Amber Riley) singing “I Will Always Love You,” the Dolly Parton song Houston made famous in “The Bodyguard.” The producers have decided to dedicate the episode to Houston’s memory with a card in the end credits.
Amber Riley told E! Online:
It’s such a song that’s so close to my heart and it’s very challenging vocally. [But] I went for it and it’s very, I guess, befitting that we’re doing it this Tuesday. We were celebrating her in life when we recorded and now, we’re celebrating her legacy.
Will you be tuning in tonight?
Get the latest from JAMZ:
- Are You The VIP JAMAZON Weekend Winner?
- Hot Right Now – Miley Gets A Bob, Harry Styles And Kendall Jenner Are Totally Hooking Up
- [PHOTOS] Pet-A-Palooza 2013
- GRAMMY Nominations Behind the Scenes: Lorde Takes a Bow, Arsenio Fires Back at Kanye
- And the GRAMMY Nominees Are: Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar and Justin Timberlake
- GRAMMY Nominees 2014: The Full List
- John Mayer Talks New Single ‘Who You Love’ and ‘That Photo’ with Katy Perry
- Kendrick Lamar & Dr. Dre Preview New Song in Commercial
- R. Kelly Honors Nelson Mandela on ‘Arsenio Hall Show’
- Watch Daft Punk’s Video for ‘Instant Crush’ Featuring Julian Casablancas