It was announced earlier this week that Whitney Houston‘s funeral at the New Hope Baptist Church in Newark, N.J. would be a private, invitation only affair. But thanks to the wonders of the web, the funeral will now be streamed live this Saturday for the world to attend via their home computers.
According to the Associated Press, the funeral at the church where Houston first honed her singing skills as a child, will be streamed by the AP via the following link:
[lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Marvin Winans[/lastfm], the GRAMMY-winning gospel singer, will give the eulogy and it has also been reported that Houston’s godmother, [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Aretha Franklin[/lastfm], will be participating in the services as well. Houston will be laid to rest in the Fair View Cemetery in Westfield, N.J. It is the same cemetery where her father, John Russell Houston Jr. was buried in 2003.
Get the latest from JAMZ:
- One Directions Perfume Outsells Britney and Gaga?
- Lea Michele Announces Debut Album, Releases New Song ‘Cannonball’
- Behind the Song: Robin Thicke’s ‘Blurred Lines’
- Watch: Britney Spears Plugs Her Own Fragrance in ‘Perfume’ Video
- Justin Bieber Asks Fans to Donate to Typhoon Haiyan Relief, Raises $600,000+
- R. Kelly Defends Chris Brown, Drawing Parallel to Muhammad Ali, MLK and Jesus
- MTV Names Miley Cyrus ‘Artist Of The Year’
- Behind the Scenes at the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show with Taylor Swift
- Hot Right Now – Kanye West Compares Himself To A Police Officer
- Mel B, Snoop Dogg and Childish Gambino Join the Bitcoin Revolution