This has been a historical night and Octavia Spencer has added to the magical evening picking up her first Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress in The Help.
We’re ecstatic that Octavia Spencer took home the Oscar Award for Best Supporting Actress tonight. Octavia played the role of Minny Jackson in the film The Help. The Help follows the fictional story of African American women who serve as maids to white families during the Civil Rights era during the 1960′s.
Spencer is the 6th African American woman to win an Academy Award behind 2009′s winner Monique for her role in Precious. She will be the 13th African American to win an Academy Award as a whole. Congratulations to Octavia Spencer!
Get The Latest On JAMZ
- Meet The Artists Of Hook Up #5
- Hot Right Now: Kanye West Has ‘Times’ Album Of The Year, Amanda Bynes Is Headed To Fashion School, & Drake Is Skipping Out On The Grammy Nomination Concert
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: Music Community Mourns
- Diplo’s Got New Holiday Compilation, ‘A Very Decent Christmas’
- New Music To Know: Sevyn Streeter Proves She’s More Than Just a Hit Songwriter on Debut EP
- Advertising Agency Trolls Internet with Video Featuring Kids Reciting Explicit Rap Lyrics
- Pharrell Says He’s Going ‘Rap-Free’ For New Solo Album
- Lana Del Rey Announces Title of ‘Born to Die’ Follow-Up
- It’s A JAMAZON VIP Weekend To Hook Up #5
- Lorde & More Added to GRAMMY Nominations Concert 2013