Last week, Kid Cudi went on what I like to call a “twitter rampage,” last week going after his label, for what he considered not proper promotion and marketing for his collaborative, WZRD, album with producer, Dot the Genius. Despite all this they had a pretty decent job on the charts.
The WZRD, self-titled debut album debuted at #3 on the Billboard charts, behind Adele and Whitney Houston. They sold 66,000 copies and had the highest debut on the charts this week. Congrats to Kid Cudi and Dot the Genius for their success despite no radio airplay, and their record label not supporting them! Check out video of WZRD performing “Teleport to me, Jamie,” this week on, Conan.
Get the latest on JAMZ:
- [VIDEO] Justin Bieber And The Paparazzi
- Demi Lovato Addresses Rehab Stint At Chicago Concert: ‘I’ve Gotten Through It And You Can Do It Too’
- Kanye West Recreates ‘American Psycho’ With Scott Disick For ‘Yeezus’
- John Legend Returns With New EDM-Influenced Single Featuring Kimbra
- Lil’ Wayne Treads On American Flag In New Music Video
- Daft Punk Geeks Out On Star Wars, Paul McCartney, Brian Wilson & J.J. Abrams
- Report: Justin Bieber Involved In Hollywood Hit-And-Run, Paparazzo Injured
- Is John Mayer’s New Song About Taylor Swift?
- ‘True Blood’ Music Recap: Mikky Ekko Subs In For Eric Burdon
- [VIDEO] Katy Perry Goes From Make-Up Free To Glam