With a short Tweet, Chris Brown released free new music to Team Breezy this past week. But this isn’t any old track — it’s entitled “How I Feel” and addresses not only his family history but ends with his feelings on his public relationship with Rihanna.
In a short 2 minutes and 34 seconds, Brown touches on his childhood, the domestic abuse his mother faced, and the unfair attention feels he’s received from the press. Brown raps on the track, ”But ain’t never gonna do no 60 Minutes interview/Cus all you wanna do is twist my words up/And all I wanna do is flip my birds up.”
After a few verses on being held hostage by fame and the fall out from sponsors after his widely reported domestic abuse incident involving Rihanna, which Brown refers to as a “tragedy,” he ends on an up note saying, ”I’m gonna keep on living my life from day to day/Learn from my mistakes.”
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Behind the Song: Sara Bareilles’ ‘Brave’
- Is Drake Taking Digs at Kendrick Lamar on Future’s ‘Sh!t’ Remix?
- Q&A: Mary Lambert Spins Success of Macklemore’s ‘Same Love’ Into Issues-Driven Solo Pop
- Avicii, M.I.A., Tiesto & More Lead Ultra 2014 Lineup
- Beyoncé, Jay Z, Jennifer Hudson & Will Ferrell Make the Longlist for Best Original Song Oscar
- Chris Brown’s Probation Revoked, Again
- [PHOTOS] Zendaya Onstage At Hook Up #5
- [PHOTOS] Emblem3 Onstage At Hook Up #5
- [PHOTOS] Midnight Red Onstage At Hook Up #5
- [PHOTOS] Cash Cash Onstage At Hook Up #5