Beauty magazine Allure have Nicki Minaj covering their April issue in enough pastel to satisfy the Easter bunny. Minaj rocks a pink wig on the cover and another inside the issue, where hair stylist Terrence Davidson tells Allure, “Nicki basically owns pink.”
The magazine details Davidson’s work on a Marie Antoinette-esque pink wig Minaj wore for the shoot that required two days and five hair pieces to create. Davidson is very important in Minaj’s world, where she details to Allure her fascination with hair saying, “I had done something I thought was really, really, really cute, and I showed my neighbor,” she says. “She was like, ‘Why’d you do that to your hair?’ And I never forget what I said: ‘I’m someone new in this hair.’”
Minaj has ambition to match her collection of wigs. She tells the magazine about chatting with the leader of the rap game. “I had a little conversation with Jay-Z at the Victoria’s Secret fashion show,” Minaj noted. “He said, ‘Congratulations on all your success.’ And I was like, ‘Yeah, I’m coming for you. I’m coming for your spot, Mr. Mogul.’”
The April issue featuring Nicki Minaj hits newsstands on March 20. Minaj’s new album, Roman Reloaded, is in stores on April 3. Minaj teased her fans on Twitter recently, saying that she would have a true hip-hop legend on the album.
-Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local
What’s new on JAMZ?
- GRAMMY Nominations Behind the Scenes: Lorde Takes a Bow, Arsenio Fires Back at Kanye
- And the GRAMMY Nominees Are: Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar and Justin Timberlake
- GRAMMY Nominees 2014: The Full List
- John Mayer Talks New Single ‘Who You Love’ and ‘That Photo’ with Katy Perry
- Kendrick Lamar & Dr. Dre Preview New Song in Commercial
- R. Kelly Honors Nelson Mandela on ‘Arsenio Hall Show’
- Watch Daft Punk’s Video for ‘Instant Crush’ Featuring Julian Casablancas
- Interview: Travie McCoy Talks Collaborating with Jason Mraz on New Single, ‘Rough Water’
- Meet The Artists Of Hook Up #5
- Hot Right Now: Kanye West Has ‘Times’ Album Of The Year, Amanda Bynes Is Headed To Fashion School, & Drake Is Skipping Out On The Grammy Nomination Concert