When reality personality Kim Kardashian stepped to the microphone as a singer, her efforts were roundly criticized by critics and she was painted as as opportunists looking to cash in on her fame. But The-Dream, the R&B singer and song writer responsible for Kim K’s foray into music, recently took responsibility for the record.
When Kim K’s song “The Jam (Turn it Up)” was released in March of 2011, she quickly took to twitter to announce that she was not attempting to launch a career in music.
“This was just a fun new experience!,” she tweeted. “I am so glad I went for it! And the proceeds to JAM are being donated to St. Judes Children’s hospital”
Yesterday, The-Dream explained how the Kardashian collaboration came about. ”I’m the one that actually called her to do it,” he told RapFix Live‘s Sway Calloway. “This was very, very — believe it or not — a very fun moment for me. It’s one of my lightest musical moments. Usually you know why you are doing it. Somebody needs a hit…It wasn’t about kicking-off a singing career, it was us really having the power of TV and goofing off. Which, of course, rubs anybody the wrong way.”
Now serving as the Executive Vice President of Def Jam, The-Dream takes full responsibility for the choice.
“I’m the one who called her to do it,” he said. “You have me to blame. Put it all on me.”
–E. Parker, CBS Local
What’s new on JAMZ?
- See Cazzette At Firestone Live
- Conan O’Brien Points Out That Taylor Swift’s ’22′ Isn’t An ‘Accurate Representation’
- Amanda Bynes To Be Arraigned On Drug Charges
- [VIDEO] Amanda Bynes Throws Bong Out Of Window, Arrested In New York
- Avril Lavigne Goes To Marilyn Manson For Music And Style Advice
- Francis Bean Cobain Calls Out Kendall Jenner On Twitter
- Big Time Rush Say “The Wanted Copied Our Idea”
- Style Files: Beyoncé Curates Rent The Runway Boutique
- Carly Rae Jepsen Enlists Fans’ Help For New Song ‘Take A Picture’
- Paris Hilton Signs With Lil’ Wayne’s Record Label