He’s no DJ-come-lately — Pauly D was spinning records before the Jersey Shore came calling and will continue after his spin off show, The Pauly D Project, starts on March 29. And he credits his DJ skills with the development of his ladykiller skills, telling the Las Vegas Review-Journal that “[Women] like the sense of control. When you’re a DJ, you control the crowd. You’re playing the music. You’re providing the entertainment.”
Pauly D may have started DJing at 16 (he’s now 31), but one of his career highlights was opening for Britney Spears on the Femme Fatale tour in 2010. He’s not one of those DJs who will freeze the crowd out though. DJ Pauly D will take your requests and doesn’t start any gig with a set list of songs to play. He prefers to go free, saying, “I’m playing for the crowd. I want them to remember the experience. I just have to feed off their energy. I can tell what they’re digging and what they’re not.”
The Pauly D Project will feature him playing lots of clubs in Las Vegas, featuring the strip and local strippers. He’s a regular at Vanity Nightclub at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino.
What’s new on JAMZ?
- J. Cole Changes Album Release Date, Set For Showdown With Kanye West, Mac Miller, & Kelly Rowland
- Miguel Channels His Inner Hulk Hogan During BBMA Performance
- Cody Simpson On What To Expect From His New Album ‘Surfers Paradise’
- One Direction Cover The Backstreet Boys In Stockholm
- Take A Tour Of Michael Jackson’s Estate This Sunday On ’60 Minutes’
- Jennifer Lopez & Pitbull ‘Live It Up’ In Sultry New Video
- Miley Cyrus Announces New Single, Keeps Quiet About Justin Bieber Collabo
- Miguel Lands On Fan, Bieber Booed, Swift Wins Big At Billboard Music Awards
- Kanye West Premieres ‘New Slaves’, ‘Black Skinhead’ On ‘SNL’
- 102 JAMZ Top 20 Countdown