He’s no DJ-come-lately — Pauly D was spinning records before the Jersey Shore came calling and will continue after his spin off show, The Pauly D Project, starts on March 29. And he credits his DJ skills with the development of his ladykiller skills, telling the Las Vegas Review-Journal that “[Women] like the sense of control. When you’re a DJ, you control the crowd. You’re playing the music. You’re providing the entertainment.”
Pauly D may have started DJing at 16 (he’s now 31), but one of his career highlights was opening for Britney Spears on the Femme Fatale tour in 2010. He’s not one of those DJs who will freeze the crowd out though. DJ Pauly D will take your requests and doesn’t start any gig with a set list of songs to play. He prefers to go free, saying, “I’m playing for the crowd. I want them to remember the experience. I just have to feed off their energy. I can tell what they’re digging and what they’re not.”
The Pauly D Project will feature him playing lots of clubs in Las Vegas, featuring the strip and local strippers. He’s a regular at Vanity Nightclub at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino.
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Meet The Artists Of Hook Up #5
- Hot Right Now: Kanye West Has ‘Times’ Album Of The Year, Amanda Bynes Is Headed To Fashion School, & Drake Is Skipping Out On The Grammy Nomination Concert
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: Music Community Mourns
- Diplo’s Got New Holiday Compilation, ‘A Very Decent Christmas’
- New Music To Know: Sevyn Streeter Proves She’s More Than Just a Hit Songwriter on Debut EP
- Advertising Agency Trolls Internet with Video Featuring Kids Reciting Explicit Rap Lyrics
- Pharrell Says He’s Going ‘Rap-Free’ For New Solo Album
- Lana Del Rey Announces Title of ‘Born to Die’ Follow-Up
- It’s A JAMAZON VIP Weekend To Hook Up #5
- Lorde & More Added to GRAMMY Nominations Concert 2013