Another track off Nicki Minaj’s Roman Reloaded leaked today and this one is Nicki like you’ve never heard: sounding a lot like Rihanna. Popdust reports the song lyrics were penned by frequent Rihanna collaborator Ester Dean. She’s the woman behind RiRi hits like “Rude Boy,” “S&M,” and “What’s My Name.”
Dean is also the co-author of Minaj’s hit “Super Bass.” Dean released a single with Chris Brown in 2009 titled “Drop It Low,” from the LeBron James documentary More Than a Game. Brown steps in to duet with Minaj on the new track written by Dean, “Right By My Side.” It’s an interesting combination, given how much Minaj stylistically sounds like Rihanna on the track and Dean’s history of collaborating with the pop singer.
This is the second collaboration from Minaj to make the rounds of late. A preview of her track “I Don’t Give A” on Madonna’s forthcoming album, MDNA, was made available. The lyrics immediately induced wide online speculation online that the song is about Madonna’s ex-husband Guy Ritchie.
-Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local
What’s new on JAMZ?
- J. Cole Changes Album Release Date, Set For Showdown With Kanye West, Mac Miller, & Kelly Rowland
- Miguel Channels His Inner Hulk Hogan During BBMA Performance
- Cody Simpson On What To Expect From His New Album ‘Surfers Paradise’
- One Direction Cover The Backstreet Boys In Stockholm
- Take A Tour Of Michael Jackson’s Estate This Sunday On ’60 Minutes’
- Jennifer Lopez & Pitbull ‘Live It Up’ In Sultry New Video
- Miley Cyrus Announces New Single, Keeps Quiet About Justin Bieber Collabo
- Miguel Lands On Fan, Bieber Booed, Swift Wins Big At Billboard Music Awards
- Kanye West Premieres ‘New Slaves’, ‘Black Skinhead’ On ‘SNL’
- 102 JAMZ Top 20 Countdown