Another track off Nicki Minaj’s Roman Reloaded leaked today and this one is Nicki like you’ve never heard: sounding a lot like Rihanna. Popdust reports the song lyrics were penned by frequent Rihanna collaborator Ester Dean. She’s the woman behind RiRi hits like “Rude Boy,” “S&M,” and “What’s My Name.”
Dean is also the co-author of Minaj’s hit “Super Bass.” Dean released a single with Chris Brown in 2009 titled “Drop It Low,” from the LeBron James documentary More Than a Game. Brown steps in to duet with Minaj on the new track written by Dean, “Right By My Side.” It’s an interesting combination, given how much Minaj stylistically sounds like Rihanna on the track and Dean’s history of collaborating with the pop singer.
This is the second collaboration from Minaj to make the rounds of late. A preview of her track “I Don’t Give A” on Madonna’s forthcoming album, MDNA, was made available. The lyrics immediately induced wide online speculation online that the song is about Madonna’s ex-husband Guy Ritchie.
-Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Mel B, Snoop Dogg and Childish Gambino Join the Bitcoin Revolution
- Watch Avicii’s New All-American ‘Hey Brother’ Music Video
- Katy Perry Covers Marie Claire
- Rebecca Black Drops New Song ‘Saturday’
- Citing LGBT Discrimination, Lady Gaga Asks for Boycott of Sochi Olympics
- Justin Bieber Teams Up With Chance The Rapper For New Jam ‘Confident’
- Miley Cyrus Reveals New Look At KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas Show
- One Direction Perform ‘Afternoon Delight’ with ‘Anchorman’ Cast on ‘SNL’
- Are You The VIP JAMAZON Weekend Winner?
- Hot Right Now – Miley Gets A Bob, Harry Styles And Kendall Jenner Are Totally Hooking Up