Last December, it was reported that Slim Dunkin was killed at an Atlanta studio after he and Young Vito came to blows. Dunkin, born Mario Hamilton, was shot in the chest and pronounced dead later that night.
It was originally reported that the fight was over a piece of candy. But in a recent statement released by the Fulton County District Attorney’s Office, a different version of the story emerged. Their initial fight, according to the statement, had more to do with studio time than candy. Dunkin was in the recording booth when Young Vito, born Vinson Hardimon, entered the booth and began punching Dunkin.
Dunkin was an affilate of Waka Flocka Flame’s Brick Squad. The rising rapper made a mark on Waka Flock’s debut album Flockaveli as a featured artist on ”F**k The Club Up,” “Karma,” and “Bang.” Most recently, he could be seen on the video for “She Be Puttin On” with Waka Flocka and Gucci Mane.
A trial date has not yet been set.
–E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Lorde & More Added to GRAMMY Nominations Concert 2013
- Hot Right Now: Paul Walker’s Official Cause Of Death, Katy Perry UNICEF Ambassador, And Taylor Swift Is The UK’s Sweetheart
- DJ Earworm Releases “United State of Pop 2013″
- One Direction Exclusive Presale
- One Direction Makes Chart History with ‘Midnight Memories’
- Style Files: Drake Partnering With Nike and Air Jordan
- Jay Z Goes Vegan for Health, Supporting His Friend’s Business
- Hot Right Now – Orlando Bloom Now Dating Liv Tyler?
- [PHOTOS] Katy Perry Becomes A UNICEF Ambassador
- Kanye West’s Next Album To Be Produced by Q-Tip and Rick Rubin