Last week WrestleMania XXVII rocked Miami, Florida, and it only made sense for the Florida native hip-hop artist Flo Rida to provide the official theme songs for the event. Performing his two smash singles, “Good Feeling” and “Wild Ones” featuring Sia, Flo pumped up the crowd of 80,000 for The Rock’s grand entrance.
When speaking about his live performance at WrestleMania, Flo Rida told B96/Chicago, “Man, that was just so much fun. All the hospitality was amazing. All of the wrestlers singing behind me were great guys. Most of the wrestlers… I’m actually bigger than them!”
Flo Rida recently released the official music video for “Wild Ones” featuring Sia, and the opening scene shows Flo jumping out of a plane.
Flo Rida wasn’t forced to do the scene, and he knew that his people weren’t thrilled about the idea. Even though he had a big smile on his face in the video, he was definitely freaked out.
Flo Rida revealed, “I took it upon myself. I really did it behind everybody’s back. Nobody wanted me to do it. I was thinking, we’re shooting a video called ‘Wild Ones,’ I gotta do something real wild. Just soaring in the sky; that was the best feeling in the world.”
So, what does Flo Rida do for fun other that jumping out of helicopters or riding through the Everglades? He skateboards! Flo Rida shared, “Lil Wayne inspired me to get back on the skateboard. It’s definitely something I used to do when I was young. I think it just brings out that young spirit.”
This past year has been a game changer for Flo Rida. Once “Good Feeling” was released and topped charts all over the world, he was finally able to get what he had once only dreamed about; a Bugatti, which is a $1 million car.
“It honestly shows that when you pray and work hard, you can achieve something as long as it’s positive,” Flo Rida shared. “I think over a year ago I actually went to a Bugatti dealership. I used to ride by there every day. On my income, it was impossible to get that car. One day I went in there and told the guy that was selling the car, ‘This is my car and I’m coming back for it.’ A year later, thanks to all the fans and the success, I was able to buy my Bugatti.”
Flo Rida will be performing live in Chicago at the B96 Pepsi SummerBash on June, 16th at Toyota Park.
-Danielle Clasing, B96 /Chicago
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Austin Mahone Drops Dancetastic Video For ‘Banga! Banga!’
- GRAMMY Gourmet: Josh Homme On His Kinship With Anthony Bourdain
- Justin Bieber Visits The Philippines
- Kanye Rails Against the GRAMMYs Over His Lack of Nominations, Again
- Listen to Ron Burgundy and Robin Thicke Duet on Christopher Cross’ ‘Ride Like the Wind’ for ‘Anchorman 2′
- Hot Right Now – Kim Kardashian Debuts Post-Baby Bikini Body
- One Direction’s Perfume Outsells Britney and Gaga
- Lea Michele Announces Debut Album, Releases New Song ‘Cannonball’
- Behind the Song: Robin Thicke’s ‘Blurred Lines’
- Watch: Britney Spears Plugs Her Own Fragrance in ‘Perfume’ Video