On Monday Lupe Fiasco Tweeted that he was holding a listening session for his record label to hear his new album, Food And Liquor 2: Great American Rap Album Pt.1 in New York City. A few hours later, Lupe tweeted to “…Prepare Yourselves….F&L2 is a GO…”
Food&Liquor2:GreatAmericanRapAlbumPt.1 is in NYC…1st Label Listening Session….
— Lupe Fiasco (@LupeFiasco) April 9, 2012
His last album, L.A.S.E.R.S., got mixed reviews from fans and critics alike. Lupe himself disavowed the album, telling Complex magazine, “A lot of the songs that are on the album, I’m kinda neutral to. Not that I don’t like them, or that I hate them, it’s just I know the process that went behind it. I know the sneaky business deal that went down behind this song, or the artist or singer or songwriter who wrote this hook and didn’t want to give me this song in the first place.”
Lupe’s relationship with Atlantic Records seems to be healed in comparison to the 2011 release of L.A.S.E.R.S., in which Lupe called out his label on the track “The Show Goes On” and accused them of putting “chains on [his] soul.” The album was pushed back several times because of creative and marketing differences between Lupe and Atlantic Records.
No release date has been set yet for Lupe’s next release.
-Randall Tyree, 101.5 Jamz
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- [VIDEO] Justin Bieber And The Paparazzi
- Demi Lovato Addresses Rehab Stint At Chicago Concert: ‘I’ve Gotten Through It And You Can Do It Too’
- Kanye West Recreates ‘American Psycho’ With Scott Disick For ‘Yeezus’
- John Legend Returns With New EDM-Influenced Single Featuring Kimbra
- Lil’ Wayne Treads On American Flag In New Music Video
- Daft Punk Geeks Out On Star Wars, Paul McCartney, Brian Wilson & J.J. Abrams
- Report: Justin Bieber Involved In Hollywood Hit-And-Run, Paparazzo Injured
- Is John Mayer’s New Song About Taylor Swift?
- ‘True Blood’ Music Recap: Mikky Ekko Subs In For Eric Burdon
- [VIDEO] Katy Perry Goes From Make-Up Free To Glam