Health scares continue to plague Rick Ross. His latest scheduled performance in Guyana was canceled due to seizures, according to a statement released by promoters.
The show was to take place on Monday (April 9) as part of the Easter Fest Rozay program at the Guyana National Stadium.
Promoters at Hits and Jams Entertainment released a statement which said they were informed that Ross “suffered a medical emergency” and has been ordered by his doctors to not travel, reports Allhiphop.com.
They promoters went on to say they will work on an alternative date for the festival.
This is not the first health scare concerning Ross. In October 2011, he suffered a string of seizures, including one while he was on his way to a performance in Tennessee.
He chalked those episodes up to over exertion.
“I felt a little wore out but I felt like I could keep going,” he explained to BET’s 106 & Park. “And I boarded a jet and I had another seizure and when I snapped out of that one, I woke up in front of doctor.”
Ross has not yet spoken about the recent health episode.
-E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Beyonce’s New Album Isn’t Coming As Soon As We Think, Ne-Yo Claims
- Miley Cyrus Lets Her Freak Flag Fly For ‘We Can’t Stop’ Video
- ‘The Voice’: Cher Wigs Out As Blake Shelton Earns His Third Win
- Rihanna Smacks Fan In The Head During Concert
- Miley Cyrus Shocks In New “We Can’t Stop” Video
- Win The Ultimate Wrigleyville Experience
- Hanson Celebrates 21st Anniversary With New Album ‘Anthem’
- Eminem Drops Mixtape Track ‘Symphony In H’
- From Nas To TLC, J. Cole Breaks Down His Favorite ‘Born Sinner’ Songs
- Drinking Kanye West’s ‘Yeezus’ Haterade