Health scares continue to plague Rick Ross. His latest scheduled performance in Guyana was canceled due to seizures, according to a statement released by promoters.
The show was to take place on Monday (April 9) as part of the Easter Fest Rozay program at the Guyana National Stadium.
Promoters at Hits and Jams Entertainment released a statement which said they were informed that Ross “suffered a medical emergency” and has been ordered by his doctors to not travel, reports Allhiphop.com.
They promoters went on to say they will work on an alternative date for the festival.
This is not the first health scare concerning Ross. In October 2011, he suffered a string of seizures, including one while he was on his way to a performance in Tennessee.
He chalked those episodes up to over exertion.
“I felt a little wore out but I felt like I could keep going,” he explained to BET’s 106 & Park. “And I boarded a jet and I had another seizure and when I snapped out of that one, I woke up in front of doctor.”
Ross has not yet spoken about the recent health episode.
-E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- [PHOTOS] Pet-A-Palooza 2013
- GRAMMY Nominations Behind the Scenes: Lorde Takes a Bow, Arsenio Fires Back at Kanye
- And the GRAMMY Nominees Are: Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar and Justin Timberlake
- GRAMMY Nominees 2014: The Full List
- John Mayer Talks New Single ‘Who You Love’ and ‘That Photo’ with Katy Perry
- Kendrick Lamar & Dr. Dre Preview New Song in Commercial
- R. Kelly Honors Nelson Mandela on ‘Arsenio Hall Show’
- Watch Daft Punk’s Video for ‘Instant Crush’ Featuring Julian Casablancas
- Interview: Travie McCoy Talks Collaborating with Jason Mraz on New Single, ‘Rough Water’
- Meet The Artists Of Hook Up #5