When Jay-Z boasted that he “made the Yankee hat more famous than a Yankee can” on “Empire State of Mind,” there may have been some doubters. To solidify his bold claim, the clothing company he co-founded has announced a partnership with the 27-time World Series champions.
Yesterday (April 11) Rocawear released a statement regarding the deal the clothing company made with the Yankees organization.
Jameel Spencer, EVP Marketing, men’s division, Iconix Brand Group, Inc., made the connection in a statement released by Rocawear.
“Jay-Z has been a long-time fan of the Yankees, regularly attends games and has even included his favorite team in song lyrics, so this was a natural partnership. Rocawear, along with Jay-Z are very excited to be working with the Yankees for the 2012 season. We feel another championship in ’12!”
Yankees fans will notice Rocawear’s branded signage in Yankee Stadium, as well as integrated promotions throughout the season.
The new announcement comes just weeks after Jay-Z premiered his first Rocawear commercial for the brand. The black and white clip, called “From Marcy to Barclays,” features images of Jay-Z and his Marcy neighborhood and ends with him onstage in full color. [See the commercial below] –E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Beyonce’s New Album Isn’t Coming As Soon As We Think, Ne-Yo Claims
- Miley Cyrus Lets Her Freak Flag Fly For ‘We Can’t Stop’ Video
- ‘The Voice’: Cher Wigs Out As Blake Shelton Earns His Third Win
- Rihanna Smacks Fan In The Head During Concert
- Miley Cyrus Shocks In New “We Can’t Stop” Video
- Win The Ultimate Wrigleyville Experience
- Hanson Celebrates 21st Anniversary With New Album ‘Anthem’
- Eminem Drops Mixtape Track ‘Symphony In H’
- From Nas To TLC, J. Cole Breaks Down His Favorite ‘Born Sinner’ Songs
- Drinking Kanye West’s ‘Yeezus’ Haterade