When Nicki Minaj deactivated her Twitter account 9 days ago, her 11 million followers demanded her return. After having one too many Twitter tiffs with her fans, she decided it was too much for her to take.
Yesterday she finally returned, but can no longer say she has one of the most popular Twitter accounts in the world. She didn’t make her first tweet until this afternoon, but sent out hugs and kisses to her remaining Barbz.
*salutes the nation of Pinkslam* *hugs the barbz* *kisses the barbz*
— Nicki Minaj (@NICKIMINAJ) April 25, 2012
Perez Hilton shared his excitement about Nicki’s return this morning with B96/Chicago. Perez remarked, “Nicki Minaj has returned to Twitter. She has, as of last night when I went to bed, not tweeted back yet, but she’s on there again. She only has a fraction of her followers that she used to have. Last time I checked she had a million, and before she decided to quit she had 11 million. But, she’s back, and it’s nice to see her on there again.”
According to MTV, she had around 125,000 followers when she reactivated her account last night. At this point, she’s already back up to 2,848,000.
-Danielle Clasing, B96 Chicago
See what’s up on JAMZ!
- One Directions Perfume Outsells Britney and Gaga?
- Lea Michele Announces Debut Album, Releases New Song ‘Cannonball’
- Behind the Song: Robin Thicke’s ‘Blurred Lines’
- Watch: Britney Spears Plugs Her Own Fragrance in ‘Perfume’ Video
- Justin Bieber Asks Fans to Donate to Typhoon Haiyan Relief, Raises $600,000+
- R. Kelly Defends Chris Brown, Drawing Parallel to Muhammad Ali, MLK and Jesus
- MTV Names Miley Cyrus ‘Artist Of The Year’
- Behind the Scenes at the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show with Taylor Swift
- Hot Right Now – Kanye West Compares Himself To A Police Officer
- Mel B, Snoop Dogg and Childish Gambino Join the Bitcoin Revolution