While the East Coast was on Hurricane Sandy lockdown Monday (October 29), a judge rained on Lil Wayne‘s deposition performance in the case against documentary filmmaker Quincy Jones, III. Wayne’s lawyer said the rapper is not in a position to appear before the judge, but his defiant deposition tape will be played for the jury instead.
Wayne, who had a medical scare just days ago, is still recovering and will not make it to the trial, according to TMZ. But the judge took the time to criticize the YMCMB rapper’s behavior in the deposition tape, in which he issued a threat to the attorney and mocked the process with one-word answers.
The deposition is from a second suit Wayne has brought against filmmaker Quincy Jones III (aka QD3) for the documentary film The Carter. Wayne originally allowed Jones access to his making of The Carter IV in 2008, but was not happy with the way he was depicted, which including video of his consumption of “Syrup,” the drink made from mixing codeine and sometimes other drugs.
As previously reported by CBS Local, the deposition tape, which hit the internet in September, shows Wayne stonewalling with a series of nine “I don’t recall” (or “I don’t know”) responses. Then he interrupted several with the answer, “I don’t know,” before the attorney could ask his question.
“I’m sorry, that’s my psychic,” he said, “I’m sorry.”
When asked if he’d ever hired a photographer, Wayne replied:
“Sorry sir, no. I am a superstar. People hire them themselves to photograph me.”
–E. Parker, CBS Local