Did you miss the Billboard Music Awards last night? Don’t worry, here’s a 60-second recap to make you sound like you know what you’re talking about at work today.
At last nights Billboard Music Awards, Taylor Swift came out on top, taking home eight awards. In all, there were 45 awards, and 10 of them were handed out during the show.
It started out with the arrivals on the blue carpet:
Here’s a rundown of the highlights:
1. During an acceptance speech, Taylor Swift told the crowd, “You’re the longest and best relationship I ever had.”
2. Justin Bieber was honored with the first-ever “Milestone Award.” But as he walked to the stage, there was a lot of booing to go along with the cheering.
When he got up front, he launched into a very defensive speech that included this: “I’m 19 years old, I think I’m doing a pretty good job and basically, from my heart, I really wanna say it should really be about the music. It should be about the craft, the craft that I’m making. This is not a gimmick. I’m an artist, and I should be taken seriously and all this other bull should not be spoken of.”
3. Kid Rock tried to be funny and I think he was successful by by calling people out for lip-synching while he was presenting an award. He said, “Let’s give it up for lip-syncing under pre-recorded music!”
4. While Miguel was performing, he jumped from the stage to the catwalk. However, he wasn’t able to clear it cleanly. Instead, he landed on some girl’s head, butt first. We’re assuming she’s OK. (Watch it below, he falls at the :40 mark)
5. Last but not least, Prince performed and owned the stage!
You can get an entire rundown of the evening, plus see all the winners from the Billboard Music Awards by clicking here.